Saturday, April 28, 2012

Enlighten Your Body

I have been struggling to come up with a concise and witty tag line or slogan for newbodi.es for some time. I launched newbodi.es with the saying, "helping people change their lives and minds, starting with their bodies." That's fine and true, but certainly not witty or clever.

A slogan hit me today that I think really hits the nail on the head.
enlighten.your.body

I love that. Enlighten is such a rich and meaningful word. And you never see it referring to bodies (or, at least, I never have). Here, it serves two purposes.

First, enlighten refers to the physical - making your body lighter. Even if you end up heavier weight-wise, you will no doubt be nimbler and feel lighter and healthier than before following the advice in this site and the resources we share. So, 'enlighten' as in 'make lighter'.

Then - and here's the clever bit - 'enlighten' like you enlighten a mind, but for your body. Teach your body how to be healthy. Use food, fitness, biology and knowledge to open your body up to the greater world of healthfulness and how it can naturally crave and achieve it. Like a mind, your body gets enlightened to be something more and better than it's ever been.

Lastly, using a term normally meant for minds, but for a body here, I am tying back how you can't achieve true health without including and affecting your mind. Through the enlightenment of your body, your mind will be enlightened.

Like it? Hate it? Have something better? Let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment