Friday, March 23, 2012

Q: Do you eat w/in 30 min of waking if you're not hungry?

Q: I'm curious. Do you ever wake up not hungry? And if so, do you eat anyway?


A: Interesting question. As I think about it, I don't wake up hungry. I don't think I've ever woken up hungry, or hardly ever and I can't think of a single time. But I've also done things that 4HB suggests to keep me from waking up hungry that I never used to do - like eating some almond butter before bed, and eating a much bigger dinner at around 5:30/6 (but it's way healthier and varied in content).

It is a question of what you're going for. I'm trying to bring my body fat down. If you're an athlete who is in good shape, then I'm guessing your goal isn't the same, and eating when you're hungry is probably a much better approach. That said, getting high protein w/in 30 minutes of waking isn't just about weight loss. It's also about fueling your muscles.

I'd guess a better approach for you would be to think about protein types to get w/in the first 30 minutes. Use the right kind of protein relative to when your muscles will need it. Check out my post from March 20th, 2012 on protein types.

No comments:

Post a Comment